U16 |Birth Year: 2007 - 2008|
U16 Coach: Leyte Mcnealus
U16 Coach: Colin Moffat
U16 Coach: Ben Blakely
While racing is a central focus, the main focus of the U16 age group is to develop the athlete for the long term. This is done though a methodical approach to developing technical skiing skills, tactical awareness, athletic ability, and strength through out the calendar year.
General Training Schedule
Monday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. on snow
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. on-snow
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. on-snow
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. on-snow
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. on-snow
Sunday: 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Academy training begins in Colorado on Saturday, November 5, 2022
The weekly schedule is sent every Monday via email for athletes, parents, and coaches. Day-to-day schedule or change of schedule will be communicated via group text message to athletes and coaches only.
*Note on this subject: You can always reach out to your coaches with any questions you may have at anytime. With that in mind, please be aware of the sensitive times, before 7 a.m. or after 7 p.m.
We are aiming to communicate the season long schedule with our athletes during the first two weeks of the season. It will be individualized based on their profile and goals we will set together. Once we finalize the “Proposed Race Schedule,” we will communicate with parents, so everyone is on the same page. Understand the race schedule is a very dynamic process and will change based on the training performances, health, weather, academics, and coach’s-athlete’s decision.
Race Travel Expense
Once the coaches make the final arrangements and reservations, we will communicate via email to parents and athletes the trip expense so you can keep track of it and understand the charges on your card.
- To respect and promote MMA’s Code of Conduct.
- To be prepared and on time for your training, physically, and mentally. Your skis, your mind, and your body should be race ready!
- To be a teammate and support those that will need help, or let your coaches know if someone is struggling. We are always going to be stronger as a team.
- To be respectful and appropriate to your teammates, coaches, and the community you are part of.
- To be honest and communicate with your coaches and parents if you feel overwhelmed or you fall behind schedule.
*We have a policy of zero tolerance of any form of substance abuse; it is not part of an athlete lifestyle. Let your coaches know if this becomes part of your environment.
We hope the time you spent at MMA becomes one of your best experiences in life and will be a life changing experience.